09 July 2010

All I Want For Christmas is a Knitted Jumper From Tallinn

Tallinn is a gorgeous little place on the coast of Estonia in the Baltic and today's tour takes us to the Tallinn "Old Town" which is just lovely. It feels like you are wandering around in the fairytale city of Far Far Away from Shrek.
They have the obligatory tourist trap shops, and they have a lovely market in the town square where you can buy hand made jewellery and linen etc...
and a lot of ye ole worlde charm


A lovely flower market where you can just wander past and take the time to smell what ever takes your fancy.

They also have a "sweater Market" where you can buy all sorts of very fashionable knitwear apparel. I wanted to buy these jumpers for my family for Christmas ala Bridget Jones' Diary - but they were just going to be too big and itchy to put into my suitcase. Alas, my family loses out this time.


We went to Tallinn with a group from the ship and there were quite a few special people in the group. This one (below) insisted on walking in the front of the group and would push his way past everyone to get there. I felt like I was back at school - "we're all going to the same place mate and really you're arms won't fall off if you're not first!" He did have an ingenious idea of where to keep his brolly though. Full marks for that.


And........ I bought a hat from the market! Look out for me on the streets of Melbourne this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment