27 May 2010

Bon Jour Madam

When we first learned that my gorgeous sister, Jode was going to join us on the adventure - we both searched gay Paris for an appropriate hotel. Jode, being sort of bilingual (partially speaking Italian) thought she would write an enquiry to the hotel in French! Now, Jode speaks about as much French as I do and let's just say both our Italian is far superior. So it was curious, but really no surprise when she didn't receive a reply. Next, I had a turn and emailed from my address (in English) and they wrote back almost immediately. So from then on all correspondence was done by me.

Because Jode and myself live on the other side of Australia from our lovely mum, it was difficult to make joint decisions about places to stay etc.... so it was decided that Jen and I would do it whilst together in Perth before the trip and I would ask Jode's opinion about things here and there. Jode, wanting to be involved took a lead from an email I had sent her about a West End Show in London that I was thinking of having my friend, Tans (who lives in London) book tickets for and emailed the hotel. 'Which hotel?' you might be asking yourselves? Well, she emailed the hotel in Paris (and used my name and email address) asking them the best way to book tickets to see this show. We weren't surprised when they didn't answer - as the show is on in a completely different country! Hey! - She was only trying to help.

Jode has now been banned from booking anything else.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment