27 May 2010

It was us all the time!

Here I am thinking that we were going to come across random people who were weird and kooky and did stupid things to make us laugh (as is the norm). However, it appears that we might actually be a part of 'that' lot as well. I speak more of Jen than of myself at this point - who, let me clarify, is normally very organised and immaculately tidy.... and not at all forgetful! So it came as a great concern when on the eve of our departure Jen announced that her credit cards were missing. Now I'll admit that I had them for a brief moment to check the numbers, and I was sure that I had returned them to her. I could even recite the conversation we were having at the time. She on the other hand had no memory of me giving them back to her and you can imagine the song and dance that ensued thereafter. We searched through everything and I mean everything - even in rooms nobody had set foot in for months! Books were flipped through, chairs were checked under, accusations were tossed around and bins were emptied, upstairs, downstairs - all in vain. This worrying jig went on for about 40 minutes, everyone becoming more and more frantic as the minutes ticked by when Jen finally and simply lifted a pair of bras from a chair and there they lay - the show was over. Drama 1 of our prejourney had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment