11 June 2010

1, 2, 3 and she's down for the count!


This is how i feel.
It has finally beaten me. I've had a tickly throat since the first day on board and then the nose starting running. It stopped for a day whilst Jen had some symptoms - then last night it hit me and I couldn't sleep and then then morning - it felt like I'd woken up with an elephant on my face. I was due to join a group of bike riders for a bike tour this morning in Wertheim, but instead we went in search of the nearest apothokery for drugs. I had the lovely lady at the front desk write down all my symptoms in German so I didn't have to mime when I got there, but luckily we found an English speaking pharmicist and she gave me one of everything. We sailed at midday and so we weren't missing anything else on shore, but I spent the day in bed in and out of sleep. Everybody on board has been hit with something or other. I'm keeping myself to myself today so that I can be presentable for my birthday dinner tomorrow night at the Portobello's restaurant (the speciality Italian restaurant on board)


sniff sniff, cough!

No comments:

Post a Comment