12 June 2010

There's one in every crowd!

We were on a tour of Wurzberg and had to ditch our tour guide, but this time - through no fault of the guide.... this time it was a matter of getting away from one of the tourists! There is a lady on board - let's call her "F" who thinks she's a bit 'posh' - declining dinner offers from people based on how they eat (this wasn't us I'll just add, but she told us that she had to say no to another couple because they were "all knives and forks" when they ate! But I'm sorry, there's nothing posh about pissing in teh bushes behind the petrol station! She thought she was being all carefree and down with the commoners - but she only let herself down. So today on the tour the guide, a very nice man with good humour told us a fact about a building and F said "Yes, I read that!" to which the guide replied "Oh, did you?" F replied quite defensively, "Yes, we Australian can read you know!" So the TG said something else - another fact then turned to her and said "Did you read about that as well?" GAME ON!!!! So as the group shuffles around the grounds of a beautiful palace F is bitching to anyone who will listen - "He was treating me like a child" "I won't be taken for a fool!" "I won't have people talk down to us" "My children are very well behaved!" (???) People slowly moving away from her and she would have had no idea that she had offended anybody. Another gorgeous lady came up to me and said "Did you hear what happened? I want to tell the TG that F doesn't represent all of us......" Oh the political drama of it all..... hence Jen and I took off on our own!

Wurzberg - just for a bit of interesting architectural information for you - was mostly destroyed just after the war ended - Winston Churchill ordered the bombing and the job was done in 27 minutes - out of spite and revenge! The town was rebuilt in the Baroque style - as with everything in this part of Europe! In fact, I'm completely Baroqued out - I may smack the next person who tells me that something was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in the Baroque style.

No comments:

Post a Comment