08 June 2010

Frushoppen in Kelheim

I don't know if I have the name of this event correct and I'm sure that my German pronounciation and spelling is wrong - but I'll press on.

These are the lovely people that we've bonded with onboard - Suzanne, Marg, Bruce (B1), Marilyn, Geoff, Heather, Lyn and Bruce (B2)


On Sunday - traditionally in Germany, they have a "Frushoppen" which is their version of a Sunday BBQ. You eat German sausage and drink beer - but it all has to be done before noon. I'm not sure exactly why and when I asked Tanna, our Cruise Director, she told me it's because the sausages are not good after noon and if you eat it after noon, then people know you are a not German. I've had one after noon and it tasted pretty damn good to me - and I don't care that people know I'm not German - in fact, I welcome the knowledge - so bring on the afternoon snags!



As always when alcohol and old people are combined - a conga line is formed!

No comments:

Post a Comment