13 June 2010

A little insight into my world


This is the position in where I have written most of these blogs - it's the only place in our cabin where I can access full and uninterupted internet. In case you are not sure of where I am - I'm sitting in the cabin, but the computer needs to be outside in the corridor. I chose to sit here because the one time I lugged everything down to the lounge area - I had all kinds of passing traffic and people sitting with me and then chatting - even though I was clearly doing something..... so I thought that the comforts of my own room would be better - but since sitting in the door way I've had more people stopping for a chat. At first they would stop and ask what I was doing - then I got the "state the obvious" comments like - "Oh, the only place you can get the internet hey?" - "no", I would reply in my head - "this just felt like the most comfortable and appropriate place to sit!"...... More comments, people tickling my feet - comments about the feet, stories about their feet!!!! and then the man across the way cheekily says "I might get you to check something for me when you've finished doing what you're doing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEEK! He wanted to check how his horses faired on Harness Racing.com! And - not even a tip was given - wanker!

No comments:

Post a Comment