16 June 2010

I Love Paris in the Spring Time

I so love Paris! Really, I do - wandering around the arrondissments, picking up a baguette or croissant (or both) and eating them under the Eiffel Tower or the Luxembourg Jardin,



strolling up and down the local backstreet markets, finding that one off piece of clothing that you just know that nobody in Australia is going to have,



meandering around the art galleries and amazing churches and cathedrals,

taking photos of people who are pretending to hold up the Eiffel Tower.



But one thing that I do not enjoy is the 100% pollen in the air.








I've pretty much got the nose and throat cleared and covered with some chemical help, but nothing helps the eyes! I've tried drops, I've tried rubbing them until the balls are ready to come out, I've tried sloushing them out with water, salty water, boiled water, bottled water - and nothing! How is that we can fly to the moon and get big, heavy ships to float and operate on somebody's brain and yet we still can't find a way to stop pollen getting into my eyes! This should be a priority!



I had never EVER suffered from hayfever before I moved to London.... then as the first summer started peaking around the corner - it hit me like a ton of bricks - I didn't know what to do. The local chemist (I did know him by name back then) gave me one of everything to try and see what worked the best, but since being back in Australia (obviously not the same pollen there) I'm all ok.



Am I allergic to Europe in the warm and pretty flower months of the year? Is that what this is all about? I am seeing Paris through a smeary eyes. Hopefully I'll be able to look back on the photos and see what it was like.

1 comment: