13 June 2010

MY BIRTHDAY DINNER

Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday to Me
Tonight's dinner was held at the Portobello's Restaurant - the ship's special restaurant which we needed to book for at the beginning of the week. I did this and the restaurant manager noted down all our cabin numbers as he was meant to do - so I thought, as you would, that the booking was all ok - however......... Peter, our lovely restaurant manager had only counted 8 instead of 10 in our party and therefore had only set a table for 8...... there was going to be a big saga, but Peter, realising his mistake was very quick to rectify the situation..... complete with the offer of a bottle of complimentry Verve.... he said "Complimentary, of course" I said - "Of course", then when the table was ready, he came to let us know and he said "You're table is ready and of course your one bottle of champagne" I looked at him with a mock confused expression and said "Wasn't it 2 bottles?" Peter replied, without skipping a beat - "Of course it was 2 - I'm sorry" A brilliant night was had - food was lovely and the service was overdone for effect. Happy Birthday to me!
Our lovely dinner guests who joined us the occasion.
Jenny and I (in fascinator) celebrating my birthday
This is what we came back to our cabin to find - Eva, our lovely Cabin Stewardess had fashioned a cake out of towels! Pure Genius!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. New Jersey escape room

    ReplyDelete