15 July 2010

Water Water Everywhere and Not a Drop To Drink!

Today is our last day in Singapore and although I said that I had magical weather powers - it seems they were only due to last until yesterday - or perhaps I just boasted one time too many about how fabulous the weather has been on this trip - because today we awoke to black clouds overhead. (I do have some pictures, but photo download is still not happening for me - perhaps a slide show of all missed photos could follow at a later date.) We had planned to sit by the pool all day today and just chillax before the flight tomorrow at the crack! But alas, it was not to be - after breakfast we popped back to our room to put on togs and the sky opened up - that's right, she went monsoonal on our arses!
The second option was to find somewhere to sit and watch the world go by with drink in hand - but at S$20 a pint at the hotel and S$40+ per bottle of wine she was clearly going to be a 'dry' wet day for us.
So - back to the hotel to watch and listen to the rain, read and pack. Tomorrow we'll be sleeping in our own comfy beds, back in sleepy Mandurah where we'll hopefully be able to put a jumper on or at least a long sleeved t-shirt!
I have discovered many things on this trip. My love for Applewood cheese seems to have diminished (which is a huge shame). Sometimes when you laugh, you can wet your pants. It doesn't matter how hungry you are, if you eat your weight in dumplings you will feel sick. The ocean, although sometimes wild and rough, is the most calming and contemplative place to be and finally that I'm quite tolerant (on the outside) of people who make the most obvious, stupid and unnecessary statements in a futile attempt at humour that are not actually funny at all and then laugh raucously at their own joke, loudly and wholeheartedly whilst their whole body wobbles like jelly and they look around for supporters, generally to no avail! It's always good to learn something whilst on a trip.
This may be my last post whilst on this trip, but dear friends fear not, for there are always more stories to tell and more places to experience. Tune in next time when I journey into the unknown of the Amazon with only a pocket knife and my wits....... hang on - that's Bear Grylls. I'll probably be going somewhere a little more civilized and sedate!
Until then, on behalf of myself, my beautiful Mother, Jen and my gorgeous sister, Jodie - thanks for reading, you've been a great audience!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Shoulls - the adventure is coming to an end! What an incredible trip, I didn't realise you were going for so long. Have a safe trip home xxx

    ReplyDelete